This is my advanced Craniosacral Therapy Masterclass Series for craniosacral therapists.
There is a lot more to cranio sacral practice than vault holds and energy cysts. The reality of helping people who are sick and in pain can be very challenging and confronting. Cranio sacral therapy can be lonely isolated work with a big space to have your confidence dwindle.
Do any of the following sound familiar?
- In your practice do you sometimes wonder, ‘Did I really feel that or am I making it up?’
- Do you feel you can really leave your “stuff” outside your treatment room?
- Even though you know, “No one can heal anyone else.” do you still feel responsible?
- Do you have trouble with the, “Well, what’s wrong with me?” question?
- Do you have people who come for one treatment then never come back?
- Do you feel you could be getting better results in your practice?
If you answered “YES!” to any of these questions, don’t worry you’re NOT alone. In fact, that list of questions was created from years of personal experience in my own practice and from working with other cranio sacral therapists and students.
This Masterclass series covers all these questions and a lot more. There are more than 9 hours of viewing.
Here’s what Lisa Gillespie a veteran craniosacral therapist (16yrs+) has to say about the Masterclass series.
Here is what is covered in the series
- Introduction from Al Pelowski, principal of The South African Institute of Cranial Studies.
- Overview of the Masterclass and intentions.
- The story of my life through the prism of how it resourced me for cranial work.
- Rain Makers – “They don’t make the rain come; they allow it or, more exactly, their inner atmosphere of allowing and affirming what is, creates a climate in which what needs to be happens.”
- Introduction to Reframing; a concept developed out of Neuro Linguistic Programming that helps unlock rigid perspectives, release our creative energies and allow us to be more fluid and responsive.
- Applying Reframing to the uncertainty of craniosacral work.
- How to get out of the way and allow the body to get on with what it needs to do.
- Reframing responsibility in a treatment session.
- How acknowledging that everybody is as sensitive as everyone else helps increase your connection.
- How to recognise the level of connection between you and the person you are working with and avoid doing harm.
Part One Trailer
Part Two Contents
- Symptoms; how to let them present themselves to you rather than chasing around looking for them.
- Staying neutral; how to avoid getting pulled into the drama and remain compassionately present.
- How treating people teaches you all you need to know.
- Refining our understanding of palpation.
- An introduction to the energetic blueprint that underpins our bodies.
- How your own blueprint works, what it feels like and where it comes from.
- Vacuum Intention; a way of inverting your intention to create the best environment for a body to find equilibrium in.
- Feedback and question from the participants on a vacuum intention exercise.
- Not Doing, the power of it, and how to go about it.
Part Two Trailer
Part Three Contents
- Working With Children; how to avoid the common mistakes.
- Dealing with defenses, why it isn’t personal and the importance of setting the frame of your relationship.
- Using a mental whiteboard to help remain fluid throughout the course of treatment.
- Being scanned; recognising when it’s happening and how to work with it.
- Assessing the appropriateness of what you say in a treatment.
- The metaphysical contract between you and the people you treat, and why sticking to it is so important.
- Being overwhelmed and how to deal with it.
- Symbology of the Body; a simple system for using the location of symptoms to help you discern the significance of why the person has the symptom in the first place.
- Examples of body symbology in practice and some exercises to illustrate it.
- Primary lesions, what they are and how to work with them.
Part Four Contents
- Questions from the participants on the material covered so far.
- Exploring how people get better?
- Analyzing the patterns of recovery and how a dip in the recovery progress can give insight into the underlying causes of an illness.
- Deconstructing reality to help improve effectiveness.
- Alternative models for inner and outer space.
- Treatment application for deconstructed reality.
- Introduction of a sensation exercise to help expand and explore inner space, and change your internal shape as needed.
- Feedback and questions from the participants on the sensation exercise.
- Exploring structures in the body from the perspective of deconstructed reality.
- Working with people with autistic spectrum disorders or schizophrenia.
Part Five Contents
- Being more effective when working with children with autistic spectrum disorders by not trying so hard.
- Frequency of treatment? How often? For how long? and when to stop?
- Anatomical Doodles; a way of simplifying complex anatomy so it stays in your head.
- More in-depth exploration of primary lesions and the importance of the correct focus.
- Core Lesions; what are they and how to work with them.
- Questions from the participants about core lesions.
- Treatment program length as it relates to core lesions.
- Working with people with Tinnitus and Ménière’s disease.
- Life And Death; how seeing the bigger picture helps alleviate the fear associated with it.
- Working with people with terminal illness introduced.
Part Six Contents
- Questions from the participants about working with people with terminal illness.
- An exercise for expanding your palpatory field.
- Full Body Palpation, how to see more by doing less, and where past lives and other “psychic phenomena” fit in the progress towards wellness.
- Symbology of the body continued with feedback and questions from the participants.
- Anatomical Doodles for more complicated structures.
- Centering yourself to bring it all together and why, “good intentions,” are not enough.
- Working with people with Trigeminal Neuralgia and an example of an extreme case from my practice.
Part Seven Contents
- More in depth exploration of the energetic blueprint that underpins our bodies.
- A practical application of stillness with an exercise for working with the blueprint.
- Feedback from the participants on working with the blueprint exercise.
- How the blueprint relates to working with people with down syndrome and also people with autistic spectrum disorders.
- An explanation for auras from the perspective of the blueprint.
- A comparison between the workings of the blueprint and tissue memory.
- Working with life stories and trying to see the biggest picture possible.
- Tension Myositis Syndrome, what it is, what it isn’t, and how to work with it.
As well as all the above I talk a lot about my own practice throughout the Masterclass and give numerous examples of how the material covered is applied in real situations. I also answer questions from the participants on all aspects of craniosacral practice.
When you make payment you will receive an email with the access code to the training page. If you don’t receive the email within 24hrs please get in touch.